Sunday, July 5, 2015

Precognitive dreaming: The gift of foresight



Precognition is knowledge of a future event or situation, especially by extrasensory means. People having these dreams would be dreaming of events yet to come to fruition, action for action, word for word. Sometimes these events will come to light in a few days, sometimes not for years at a time. Most of these dreams seem to be about normal, ordinary mundane topics, not the dramatic life changing events people may expect.

Some theories suggest that some of these precognitive dreams may just be the body and mind trying to subconsciously tell you something.  An example would be a woman dreaming she was pregnant before she eventually took a test to reveal the fact that she indeed was pregnant.  This case the woman’s body communicated to tell she was pregnant before any tests could confirm, or before she started to show.

Psychologists have been trying to determine whether precognitive dreaming exists or is a byproduct of the minds tendency to find patterns. Some suggest the mind will try to find “meaningful patterns in meaningless noise.” This explains why people see shapes in clouds and faces on Mars. Some also claim that some of these dreams have only been right by chance, not because the person saw it in a dream.

Parapsychologists argue that precognitive dreaming is much more than the body trying to communicate, or coincidence, this phenomena is real a version of clairvoyance. There are many claims of precognition where the dreamer could not have known any of the facts outside of the dream, and that there are too many claims for it to be just coincidence. There is a theory that these dreams may be a byproduct of unreleased psychokinesis by those who gifts go unused.
The fact is there is no explanation for precognitive dreaming, but research is ongoing by believers and nonbelievers alike. For those lucky enough to receive these visions, keep practicing, and keep dreaming.

Anyone have precognitive dreams; please feel free to leave your stories in the comments

8 comments:

  1. I used to be a professional fundraiser and had a dream that I had got a 200$ donation at a gas station. 2 weeks go by and the vibes I get from the air and setting seemed so familiar. I was with a coworker that day and told him that I had a dream that a middle aged blonde lady wearing black professional clothing was going to donate 200$. He laughed about it, and I run to this car at the end of a gas pump and bring her to the table we had set up and talked this same lady into donating 200$. I didn't mention to her that I had known this was going to happen until after we took the transaction. My coworker was shocked that I was telling the truth. Dreams like this happen often to me often. Another time I had told my buddy and I were going to Wal-Mart and i had a weird feeling, I told my buddy that I think we're going to see Natasha there (this girl we barley knew) he blows off my comment. In the dream she was covered in cow shit, but I didn't tell my buddy this because I didnt want to sound like a dumbass. Sure enough we saw her at Wal-Mart right after she got done doing FFA for our high school. Those were my only deja vu moments I actually predicted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a professional fundraiser and had a dream that I had got a 200$ donation at a gas station. 2 weeks go by and the vibes I get from the air and setting seemed so familiar. I was with a coworker that day and told him that I had a dream that a middle aged blonde lady wearing black professional clothing was going to donate 200$. He laughed about it, and I run to this car at the end of a gas pump and bring her to the table we had set up and talked this same lady into donating 200$. I didn't mention to her that I had known this was going to happen until after we took the transaction. My coworker was shocked that I was telling the truth. Dreams like this happen often to me often. Another time I had told my buddy and I were going to Wal-Mart and i had a weird feeling, I told my buddy that I think we're going to see Natasha there (this girl we barley knew) he blows off my comment. In the dream she was covered in cow shit, but I didn't tell my buddy this because I didnt want to sound like a dumbass. Sure enough we saw her at Wal-Mart right after she got done doing FFA for our high school. Those were my only deja vu moments I actually predicted

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I had a dream of Donald Trump as a powerful & corrupted leader before he was in the spotlight of the press & announced he was running for presidency

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may sound odd and self-serving, but here it is, on 18/09/18 I had a dream about a football match, Burnley- Bournemouth, the game score in my dream was burnley 4-0 Bournemouth, I woke up believing I had already seen the game and forgotten about it, I hadn't,I checked and the game was this weekend 22/09/18, Burnley had one point all season, Bournemouth were 5th in the table on there best ever start in the league....I bet the scoreline I saw in my dream, and if you'll check online, you'll see that my prediction was correct, things like this have happened before, but not as strong or clear, but this was too real, moreover I have dated chats with friends where I tell them about my dream and scoreline, someone react to this

    ReplyDelete
  6. im not gonna write much but i had a "foresight-night terror" of my mother dying... everything happened exactly how it was in my dream 9 months later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up, I have had many different dreams about future things that were going to happen. One example of this is when I was about 6 or 7 years old I was taking a nap and I had a dream about me homeschooling as a teenager and my mom making me watch a Spanish show for foreign language called Muzzy. When I asked my parents about it when I woke up they were concerned because they thought I was talking about a monster or something like that. Anyways about 4 years ago when I was about 15 my dad started to go to college, so my mom pulled us out of school to start homeschooling and sure enough one of the curriculum my parents bought was Muzzy. Another instance of this actually happened yesterday. I had a dream years ago when I was about 8 years old or so about me going to a paintball place, eating at a pizza buffet, and then going to a Magic place. I even dreamed about exactly what card I got out of two booster packs I had bought. Sure enough yesterday my dreams played out exactly to a T. With all these dreams I've had I always have a sense of deja Vu.

      Delete
  7. I have always been connected to some sort of foresight telepathic abilities. For as a child, I knew when I grew up I would have 2 girls and 1 boy somewhere. Which indeed, I have 2 girls, and raised 1 boy as my own. As a teenager, I knew my soul mate was back at the high school I was torn away from due to family moving. I dismissed it as just emotional imagination. However, years later, I was helping my family move closer to their family. For me, it was to be a 30 day stop, and then I would travel back to where all my friends where. That was until I bumped into an old high school friend I had classes with many years ago. Been married for over 15 years now, with 2 girls, and raising 1 boy. I didn't think about any foresight abilities until today. Exactly to this day 15 years ago, I told them face to face, we probity not see each other again in 15 years. Today, I ran into them again.

    I have had many other foresight dreams that have come true. I have had also a decent amount of Deja Vu feelings too. But I have never been as gifted as the one whom helped write the Simpsons cartoons with his or her predictions in the story lines. Except for one. I won't say it because I hope it doesn't happen. But I am ready and prepared for it.

    May you all Live Long and Prosper.

    ReplyDelete