Monday, July 29, 2013

Mirror Gazing


Practicing the ancient art of mirror gazing can be an informative and life changing experience. Mirror Gazing (Scrying), is the ancient technique of gazing into a mirror to try to bridge our world with the spirit realm. Mystics like Nostradamus used variations of this to see into the future, solve problems, and find lost things.

The first gazing was not done with a mirror but used a liquid in a clear or painted bowl or a still lake. It wasn't until sometime in the middle ages when mirrors were invented that mirror gazing started.

Variations of Scrying include smoke, ink in liquid, blood in liquid, obsidian stones, mirrors and any other reflective object. For mirror gazing an ordinary mirror can be used, but a black mirror is recommended by most practitioners. Candles should be lit somewhere in the room for light, but not in view of the practitioner.

Mirror gazing consists of having a thought, object or person in mind and staring into the mirror for as long as an hour. Patience is the key to mirror gazing. It may take up to months to condition your mind to stay on track while staring at yourself for such long periods of time.The idea is to enter a trance also known as the Hypnagogic state. Some sites will tell you to avoid blinking, others to blink. Stare at the mirror, but don't stare. Try everything out and finding what works best for you. The problem with entering the Hypnagogic state is hallucinations can occur. Much like sleep paralysis you can hallucinate without the ability to move.

Trying to view a deceased relative or loved one? It is believed that surrounding yourself  with photos and possessions will help trigger the effect. Concentrate on whatever is decided upon. People have claimed to have been hugged during this exercise.

If you're using this on a paranormal investigation, concentrate on the name of someone who used to be there if you know them. It may be hard to imagine a face if a picture is not provided. Also, unless you are adept in this, you may not see anything at all.

Much like meditation, mirror gazing takes extreme practice and patience. There are different ways of practicing with different results. Due to the resemblance to meditation, the question surfaces is conjuring or communicating during mirror gazing a real occurrence or a product of the subconscious mind? Perhaps further evidence that consciousness is not stored locally in the body?

For more information try this site.http://hermetic.com/norton/ashort.htm

Roy Weedmark is the owner of Paranormal Discord. Paranormal Discord is an attempt to poke fun of the dysfunctional world we call ghost hunting.




23 comments:

  1. At CHAUTAUQUA INSTITUTION Playwright Larry Myers implements mirror gazing as a device to investigate Chautauqua 's past. Various previous guess appear : Presidents Theodore & Franklin Roosevelt, Kurt Vonnegut (who Myers shared a Theater for the New City benefit bill with) Mark Twain (who stayed in a family friend Pennsylvania home) .... Dr Myers new drama is called
    "Chautauqua Knockout Game"
    It concerns ageism, violence against Seniors & Chautaqua ghosts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a ridiculous thing to do. Don't you realize how great the mind is? After all, mankind was created in the image of God, and still is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.you dun know about spirit world.the mirror is the joint and just test when you are in unconscious state and gaze the mirror.you will know what interesting thing Happen

      Delete
    2. Haha.you dun know about spirit world.the mirror is the joint and just test when you are in unconscious state and gaze the mirror.you will know what interesting thing Happen

      Delete
  3. No what's ridiculous is that you clearly don't believe and even disagree with this practice but at the same time believe in something as ridiculous as "god" creating mankind in their image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I disagree, I believe if God exists so does mirror gazing and God does exist, I'd rather go thru this life believing and die and find out there isn't a God than to go thru life not believing in God and die and find out that there is a God, than ur in deep shit, ya dig:)

      Delete
    2. Kendrick lamar quote

      Delete
  4. I concur with anonymous from July14, 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the caputo effect. Look it up.

    The idea is create a liminal place where your consciousness gets out of the way. Psychologists think you hallucinate as your brain tries to figure out what it is seeing. I think that this creates an opening for seeing other things. It is like your third eye is just drifting around looking at clouds and making things of them. But if you gave it a focus you could see things. The problem is how to give it that focus? Do pictures of a dead loved one help you find that loved one or simply help you hallucinate about them? The very ambiguity is what creates the effect in the first place.

    Consider the fact that light is either a particle or a wave depending on the viewer and realize it is possible that this could be real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading about this......my mom died five months ago, I tried mirror gazing today....first the mirror got cloudy, and my face began to get darker, silhouettes kinda......then I could see my face start to change, it was my mom.....we have different noses kinda , and that's what I noticed first and saw clearly.....so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.i am also practising that method and while gazin. The mirror,it gradually changed into cloudy.

      Delete
    2. Same here.i am also practising that method and while gazin. The mirror,it gradually changed into cloudy.

      Delete
    3. But i just want to see my past lives.but the mirror method doesnt work out for it

      Delete
    4. They are demons.

      Delete
  7. Gazing has a lot of side effects so please don't do it unless you know the exact method of Ain Mashaq Eye Exercise Which is doing using an art card and star printed on it to get the divine spark that opens divine on you otherwise there is no use of gazinng.
    thanks
    You can visit My Websites Of Poetry Which Explains a lot About Mysticism and Spiritualism.
    www.Tasawur50.blogspot.com
    starting from this site at the end of every site the address of next site is given you can also visiy my facebook page Abad Ur Rehman Khan
    Teacher is necessary in every field of life.
    Only one in a thousand gets success in gazing exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gazing has a lot of side effects so please don't do it unless you know the exact method of Ain Mashaq Eye Exercise Which is doing using an art card and star printed on it to get the divine spark that opens divine on you otherwise there is no use of gazinng.
    thanks
    You can visit My Websites Of Poetry Which Explains a lot About Mysticism and Spiritualism.
    www.Tasawur50.blogspot.com
    starting from this site at the end of every site the address of next site is given you can also visiy my facebook page Abad Ur Rehman Khan
    Teacher is necessary in every field of life.
    Only one in a thousand gets success in gazing exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be careful! When I was a child I use to see something in the mirror that frightened me. You all are not seeing dead love ones, however familiar spirits that are evil even if they present themselves as pleasant. The more you entertain this the more realized these spirits will make themselves to you. If you had or have peace you will lose it but there is nothing that the power of the name of Jesus can't fix . I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People need to stop it with all this religion crap. Bottom line is we as humans don't know a damn thing about god. But people like to write these books to brainwash people and to seperate us further from one another. And the funny thing is all these "gods" and "prophets" are stolen from the Egyptians and were twisted around to try and cover up the tracks. People need to wake up and do actual research about what there signing their lives over to. Maybe it's because people are afraid to leave this earth not knowing what to expect, so they settle for these ridiculous stories and end up believing in talking snakes, a guy that can walk on water, make alcohol out of water, and cure people from all there suffering. Come on, get real.

      Delete
  10. I accidentally had an experience yesterday with this, and I am still really freaked out.. I would appreciate any guidance, please!

    I was just looking in the mirror, telling myself that I am loved, wise, gifted, protected.. etc and then something told me to confront the darkness in me, so while looking into my eyes, I started saying "any dark energy within me, you are commanded to leave, in Jesus Christ's name." The moment I said that my face started to turn dark, and was shifting into various forms". I was really scared, but I continued to repeat that same sentence over and over, all the while my image remained dark and shifting. I did this for about 2 minutes (seemed like forever) until my face returned to normal. I then went and layed down, and in a meditative state called the divine light, love and protection of God upon me. With my eyes closed, I could see the various colors coming upon me... all the colors of the rainbow, it was very beautiful, and I was able to calm down. But I am still very confused, and scared about what took place and I'm not sure exactly what I did or if I need to do something further. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are healed from darkness

      Delete
  11. I think this https://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/

    happened more than you pushing darkness out, Yet you never know. So if it feels calming, doesnt effect your mental health or your over all well being keep believing that you are infected with evil that needs purging, or accept your a human with a mind that gets bored by staring into a mirror and can cause all kinds of strange stuff to happen.

    ReplyDelete